- Define what ethical means to you. You’ll find that people and companies define “ethical” in different ways. You’ll need to know how you define it before you take the next steps.
- Check out the brand website. Most of the time, if a brand has ethical manufacturing principles, they will be celebrating it on their site.
- If there is no brand website or you cannot find the information you’re looking for, check out the site of one of their retailers, or ask them in person. They may be able to tell you about the brand.
- If you cannot find the information you hope for online, make a written request to the brand for documentation supporting the ethical nature of their manufacturing.
- If a brand does not respond or they cannot provide anything in writing, it’s best to move on.
At Adored Boutique, we've done this work for you! Feel free to shop with us in the comfort of knowing that everything was made with ethical manufacturing principles.